People wear jewelry for their self-decoration. In old civilizations, people used to wear jewelry in many forms and using various types of metals, bones, gemstones.
Many people can not wear jewelry because of their sensitivity to their skin. Skin allergic caused by jewelry is common. It can be from gold, sterling silver, steel, brass, copper, and nickel in particular. Allergy appears in many forms and in different circumstances.
Symptoms of Allergy?
If your skin is sensitive, you may have several symptoms on your skin. Common among them are red spots, rashes. The skin might get itchy, dry, and irritated and appear red, flakey or scaly. The most common sites of jewelry allergy are the earlobes (from earrings), the fingers (from rings), and around the neck (from necklaces).
What is the reason, jewelry irritates?
Nikal is the biggest cause of allergy on the skin. The problem is that nickel is used as an alloy in several metals. For example, sterling silver and gold are soft metals. Other metals like brass, copper, and nickel are added to them as an alloy to strengthen jewelry and more durable for alone time.
Low carat gold and silver cause allergy in which the maximum quantity of nickel is added. The highest-grade gold and silver hardly become the cause of allergy but only in extreme circumstances.
Why would jewelry pieces cause allergy?
It can cause allergy due to the following reasons:-
Sweating under the jewelry area. The wet skin with salt in sweating interact with jewelry metal on the skin and can cause skin allergy.
Check if your ears or other parts have been pierced with surgical - grade stainless steel instruments? Don't use a piercing gun because it may cause bacterial infections for being its nickel.
If you have your ears or other body parts which are pierced and have tattoos which are done with sterile – grade steel instrument steel instruments, it is good. Don’t use piercing guns because they have nickel in them. They can because of bacterial infections.
We use regularly various types of soap, moisturizers, shampoos, detergents. They leave residue on the skin. A small quantity of soap or shampoo remains stick to the skin which can interact with metal in your jewelry you are wearing and can cause the allergy reaction.
Some antibiotics used can cause skin allergy.
What does Kuchi Jewelry contain?
Kuchi jewelry is a heavy item to wear than any other jewelry. The necklaces sometimes are too big to wear. The metal used in kuchi jewelry is thick though it does not contain nickel. If you wear kuchi jewelry in hot weather, you will start sweating for being kuchi jewelry metal so thick and no airflow.
Kuchi jewelry is a mixture of German Silver, brass, copper, and iron. Gillet is a soft metal and stretchable. Kuchi jewelry contains 75% brass and the rest are copper, iron, and silver. Many people claim that it contains nickel too though kuchi suppliers deny it. Despite denial from kuchi suppliers, many people complain that it causes the allergy.
Kuchi jewelry does not contain any nickel. They are more flexible and stretchable. Nickle mixture will make it hard and it could not be stretched easily. It contains mainly brass, copper, and iron. However, it attracts environments and brass starts leaving oxidation in it by leaving green spots. One can easily wash it with the mixing of small quantities of soda and soft pieces of cloth. It will come to its original shape.
To avoid allergy from kuchi, make sure you keep it loose to let air cross it. The allergy will only occur because of sweating or no airflow.
How to avoid allergy from Jewelry?
- If you have a jewelry allergy, a dermatologist can perform a simple skin patch test to determine if you have a nickel allergy.
- Look for hypoallergenic jewelry. They can be made of stainless steel, sterling silver, 18-carat gold, or polycarbonate plastic.
- If your skin is caused an allergic reaction by jewelry, ask your jeweler to add platted with nonallergic metals
- Avoid wearing jewelry in an environment where sweating is possible.
- Clean your skin clearly while washing hands and dry it with tissue or towel.
Some Assistance in keeping your skin protected?
- You can use nail polish behind the jewelry that can save your skin from allergy
- You can use fabric behind the jewelry
- You can use platting on jewelry upper surface that saves your skin